Week 2 - Sound Design ExperimentErin & Julia
The concept of the sound piece was the idea of a person experiencing her inner monologue with a “dominant” voice during shower time, in a relaxing, funny, somewhat random conversation happened actively in her brain.
We had recorded our conversation seperately to perform two different personalities inside the character’s head. And we basically wrote out the questions / answers we had for our voiceover script:
- “Wait so where is this place?”
- Next to fort greene. You went there, remember!
- Oh!… right. I forgot.
- There were a million mosquitos and the waiter hit on you but the food was really good
[Animal Crossing plays in the background]
- Yeah yeah yeah “ Oh Wait, did you shut the door? I think I heard something”
[Extract-whiskey bottle opened sound / clipper sound drastically]
- Uhhh… oh my god yeah its closed. Yikes!
- Ugh should I shave my legs?
- Well if you’re going to ask, might as well.
- Okay fine. Hmm... “Do we even like this guy?”
- He seems nice and all, but he’s a bit of a bro. As long as he’s not a Virgo.
- What if this is a huge mistake?”
- Naw, it’ll be fine. Just be cute and smile and enjoy yourself it’ll be great! (as long as he’s not a Virgo)
[Crickets in the background]
- “Hmm what should I wear?
- Definitely something comfy…
- What about the blue dress?
- I thought I said comfy. I dunno, it shrunk in the wash so now it’s WAY too short
- Yeah, is that a problem?
- Okay girl! You do you
- Alright I gotta get dressed, let’s get outta here.
And finally we completed the sequence with a corresponding end like the very beginning, to emphasizing that the shower vacation is over, and the character is back to the real world.